Of course, data in large volumes, known as Big Data , are of great value to companies because all this digital information allows them to know what the user is looking for and how their needs can be met.
The process is not that simple, since they can also generate complications in their collection, due to the regulation for their use, due to privacy issues or even the creation of biases and inequality through them.
First, it is necessary to know if companies have ready solutions to these challenges according to their level of digital maturity and, if so, carry out the necessary development. It is best to approach experts who offer everything from data architecture and implementation to analytics, that is, they save, connect, integrate, automate and secure the collection and connection of Big Data sources .
The challenge now is not the amount of Big Data , but the quality of it and the analytical capacity to transform it into actions, for example, in digital marketing it translates into better experiences for the user:
- You can generate better targeted communications that improve the relationship between brands and people.
- Predict customer behaviors
- Understanding the consumer (intelligence).
According to Hootsuite data , as of January 2021, of 129.6 million people in Mexico, 115.4 million use mobile devices , 92 million are internet users and 100 million are active on social networks.
Within all that great universe of people, there are 84 million Mexicans between 16 and 64 years of age and 9 out of 10 searched online for a product or service to buy it, so can you imagine all the Big Data they generate and the complications to analyze it?
The customer journey , the type of device they used, the value of what they bought, the product they chose… all this and much more is analyzed. This behavior, with the help of artificial intelligence , generates valuable information -and here we are not talking about violating privacy- but about trying to anticipate what the customer is looking for or improve their digital experience .
Take it into account
- Real-time data generates patterns and behavior models in order to automate decision making.
- New jobs have been created as data analysts or data scientists.
- The characteristics of Big Data are: volume, variability (type), speed (generation and processing), veracity and value of the data.
- They must be captured, managed, processed and analyzed in a given time to be useful.
- Artificial intelligence allows interpreting the data and making predictive models to act or prevent an event.
- The agility, scalability and automation of data serves to improve processes, decision making and sales strategies.